The Dark Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dark Portal

The Official Forums for The Dark Portal Podcast

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Show #1 Windows Vista Ultimate Performance Tip

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Boneknitter

Show #1 Windows Vista Ultimate Performance Tip Empty
PostSubject: Show #1 Windows Vista Ultimate Performance Tip   Show #1 Windows Vista Ultimate Performance Tip Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 2:28 pm

Easily Disable Vista's Aero Before Running an Application (Such as a Video Game)

You might be concerned with squeezing every last bit of performance out of your machine, or may have compatibility problems between Aero and an application that you are running. Either way you are looking for the simplest way to disable Aero while running that application, and this is it.

You can edit the properties of a shortcut and tell Windows to automatically disable Aero as soon as you start that application, and then re-enable it again once the application is closed.

Simply right-click on the shortcut and choose Properties, and then the Compatibility tab:

Show #1 Windows Vista Ultimate Performance Tip Image48

Now on the Settings block check the box for "Disable desktop composition" in order to disable Aero the next time you use the shortcut.
Back to top Go down
Zisterne

Show #1 Windows Vista Ultimate Performance Tip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show #1 Windows Vista Ultimate Performance Tip   Show #1 Windows Vista Ultimate Performance Tip Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:06 am

Hey,

New to the show but I already am a big fan. Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this tip, I run Windows Vista 64bit Ult. version and I had NO idea there was an option to boost my performance, so thank you for that. Keep up the cool show.

Zisterne
Back to top Go down

Show #1 Windows Vista Ultimate Performance Tip
Page 1 of 1